It's the middle of winter here in Australia and so, of course we are dreaming of warmer weather, and nothing inspires us more to start planning our next tropical vacation than a picture of a gorgeous pool. Just to whet your appetite, here are our top seven picks of some of the top infinity pools from around the world (with a few local favourites thrown in of course)…
1. One&Only Reethi Rah in the Maldives – The elaborate infinity extends out nearly 100 feet into a lagoon and features a 'bubble bed' for guests to lay back and enjoy their idyllic surrounds
2. Sri panwa, Phuket – Baba Nest, is the resorts ultimate cocktail bar surrounded by unique 360-degree infinity pool and located on a platform at the top of the resort – the highest pinnacle of the south eastern peninsula and the perfect location for a sundowner
3. Pretty Beach House, Central Coast NSW – the pinnacle of Australian luxury accommodation and hospitality is perched on a seven and a half acre promontory of the Bouddi National Park, it’s luxurious infinity pool open off the atrium dining room offers sparkling views of the stunning Brisbane waterways
4. Marina Bay Sands, Singapore – one of the world's most amazing hotel rooftop pools. Stretching an impressive 150 metres across Sands Skypark stands on a platform that stretches over the three towers of the 2,561-room hotel, the stunning outdoor infinity pool is the world's largest at this height and offers exceptional views of the city skyline
5. Peppers Ruffles Lodge & Spa, Gold Coast Hinterland QLD – Embrace the summer months in the sparkling calm of the outdoor infinity wet edge swimming pool where you can simply relax while taking in 180 degree panoramic views of the Gold Coast and beyond
6. Hotel Caruso, Italy – Set on a cliff-top 'balcony' above the Amalfi Coast, Italy's Caruso Hotel features a heated infinity pool set at the highest point above Ravello
7. Sarara Camp, Kenya – Sarara camp in Kenya contains just six luxury tents on a conservancy of 850,000 acres so guests can enjoy the solitude with little disruption. The infinity pool looks out over the spectacular African landscape and you might just spot impala, warthogs or elephants cooling off in the water hole.